April 03, 2008

Kaylie's 1st Trip to the Dentist

This morning Kaylie and I went to see Dr. Redd (affectionately known as Dr. Softhands to Lisa and me). First I had my teeth cleaned and polished while Kaylie watched, then she had a turn. She learned some important words like "plaque" and "gingivitis". At first, she wasn't too excited to sit in the chair by herself, so I sat with her. Dr. Redd told her that if she had 32 teeth she would win the prize of the day, which just happened to be a pony. Lucky for all of us, she only had 20 teeth. (My baby girl grew TWENTY teeth!!! She's so brilliant!) Kay's favorite part was leaving, but she was happy to have been given a new purple toothbrush, berry flavored floss, a pretty heart shaped ring and a pinwheel with a big smiling tooth in the middle of it. You can't beat that!


This could be the only picture you'll ever see of me without lipstick on. Just try to tell me that Kaylie doesn't look excited to be at the dentist.

It was all worth it for the purple toothbrush!

This is one of my favorite pictures right now! Kaylie jumping on the trampoline at Jessica and Jeff's house. No, that is not wind blowing her hair straight up, it's static. I think she looks like something out of a Dr. Seuss book.

1 comments:

The Braeden Bunch said...

WOW! Braeden wants to know where his cousin is under all that hair. Classic!