March 26, 2008

Happy, Happy Birthday, Cam!

So, my big sister is turning 40 today - March 26th. We were supposed to be celebrating this milestone in Italy, but somehow it didn't pan out. I'm sure that turning 40 in Kirkland is every bit as exciting as turning 40 in the Cinque Terra! (Push play below for a birthday video!)



For those of you who don't know her, Camerin is the kindest, most fun and wonderful friend/sister that you could hope for. I feel so lucky that she is mine! (But let's not try to fool anyone - she has a wicked mean streak and I'll show you the scars to prove it if you don't believe me!)

Some fun Camerin memories from when we were little: Playing "Bouncy Ball", her getting a slug stuck in her hair, going to bed together on Christmas Eve at Grandma Nana's house (this was the one time of the year that she was consistently nice to me!), staying up late and watching Love Boat while eating soggy Pizza Quick pizza on white bread when Mom and Dad weren't home, Roller skating in the Jones' basement with a Kool-Aid bar, her and the babysitter convincing me that my feet would fall off if I slept with my socks on... Good times, good times!

And some fun more recent memories: seeing her daughter Avery being born, getting ready for my wedding together, the first time she met Kaylie, locking her keys in the car the day they moved to Kirkland, watching her hide behind the refrigerator when she farted at the cabin, laughing so hard I almost wet my pants at the Quail's Nest... I could go on and on!

I hope your birthday is wonderful, Cam! May it be the start of your very best year yet! I love you so very much!High School - she was a supa foxy cheerleader (Go Woodway!) with great fake ID! Ask her about the time she was in the liquor store buying booze with her fake ID and my dad walked in!

Isn't she beautiful? When we were young, she would get so mad when people would think that I was older than her. Bet it wouldn't make you mad anymore, Cam!

1 comments:

Lisa & Marty said...

I love it Leslie; it made me a little teary-eyed. Have a wonderful Birthday Cam! ! ! ! !