January 07, 2009

Kaylie's 1st Day of Preschool

Today was Kaylie's very first day of preschool! She was supposed to start last Monday, but that day was canceled due to snow, creating much disappointment! She's been so excited to go to school. As soon as we pulled up to her school (Sylvan Way Preschool), she said, "This looks like fun, Mommy!" When we went into her class, she met her teacher, Miss Julie, and went right to playing. No nerves, no tears, no nothing - just ready to go. I managed to hold back the tears until I drove away. I am so proud of my girl - she is so independent and brave and strong!

When I picked her up after school, she was so excited. She said they had so much fun, had crackers and orange juice for a snack, had circle time while sitting criss-cross applesauce, and played. She said she couldn't wait to go back. Yay!

Josh always says that the his favorite part of school is recess, because that's when it's the most fun. When Jessica asked Kaylie today if she had recess, Kaylie replied, "the whole thing was recess". My girl rocked pre-school! Wahooooo!
Stinker wouldn't let me take a before school picture, this is the best I could get. It does, however show her cute outfit and new haircut, which I cut again on Sunday night. Isn't she just too much?

I took this picture in her classroom before I left. (Yes, I was that mom - the crazy one with the camera, trying not to cry) She jumped right into playing and having fun. That's my girl!

2 comments:

The Braeden Bunch said...

That's awesome! Can't believe she's already in pre-school. Good luck Kaylie:)

Anonymous said...

We're so glad Kaylie loved her Preschool!!