October 21, 2008

Pumpkin Weekend on Camano

Last weekend we had our annual Gibb/Lashley/Hughes Pumpkin Weekend. This year we spent the weekend at my parent's house on Camano. We had amazing weather (Mom claims it's ALWAYS sunny on Camano), played cards, went to the pumpkin patch, carved pumpkins (barefoot, outside in the sun - so strange for Washington weather!), had s'mores in the fire pit the boys made this summer, launched apples into the bay via slingshot (and almost launched Josh), played at the beach, and had one of the best costume debuts ever. It was a great weekend!

Another great costume debut!

Cousin Bailey

Three little Hughespoodles sitting on a tree...

Sisters!


The cousins

This is what we look like after a long day of kids and pumpkin carving...





Kaylie likes her marshmallows raw - on the stick, but no need to put them near the fire


Malia likes her roasted to a "dark white" with chocolate, no graham crackers


Josh likes his quick charred - just blow the flames out and eat!

Can you believe that this is how we carved our pumpkins? Looks more like summer!







SBK got into my purse and found my glasses and my gum. Can't you just see her as a teenager here? Y I K E S ! !

2 comments:

Lisa & Marty said...

Did the girls get into my red lipstick??? I have been looking for it everywhere!?!?!?! Looks like good times my friends.

The Braeden Bunch said...

Love the picture of all three kids out on the driftwood!